How We Are Able To Serve You During COVID-19
Fortunately, we are able to keep things running pretty well without having to meet in person. While we are definitely looking forward to seeing and talking to everyone face to face soon, we can continue working safely during the pandemic.
- No physical office – we are able to run our business from home, so there is no need for you to come down to a physical location.
- Phone, email, & website for the win- we’ve been helping homeowners by phone, email, and our website even before the coronavirus, so we were already prepared! We are always happy to talk over the phone, or if you prefer face to face, we can do a videoconference over the internet using Zoom, Google, or Facetime.
- Signing documents – We can send you documents to sign securely with a program called Docusign if you prefer, or we can deliver these to your home while maintaining social distancing.
Precautions We Have Put In Place
If we do come to your home, we have a number of precautions that we follow to help keep you safe and comfortable.
- Precautionary equipment – we follow the CDC guidelines for precautionary measures by wearing masks, gloves, and shoe covers if we need to come to your home.
- Outdoor meetings – We can meet outside or inside, while maintaining proper distancing, depending on your level of comfort.
- Home photos– you can send us pictures of your home rather than someone coming over to take photos. We can walk you through what pictures to take.
- Showings – This is one of the advantages you have working with us vs. with a realtor. Many times we don’t need to schedule a showing, whereas, with an agent, you may have to prepare for one or several showings.
What You Can Do To Protect Your Family
Try to avoid having outsiders come in for repairs or maintenance if at all possible. However, if there is an emergency and something needs to be repaired, make sure they have protective covering and that you keep your distance. Ask them about this over the phone before they come to your home.
You can also be sure to disinfect your house on a regular basis, especially if a repairman or other professional comes into your home to provide a service. Washing your hands, disinfecting your house, and practicing social distancing are the best ways to keep you and your family safe. If you feel any sign of illness, stay home and call your doctor immediately!
It is Still a Great Time to Buy or Sell!
While we might all be going a little stir-crazy at home, there is no reason why things should not move forward if you are buying or selling a house in Atlanta. In fact, while the real estate market slowed down this Spring during statewide lockdowns, the demand for affordable homes remains very high as I write this in August 2020.
Eventually, I believe we will move into a buyer’s market, but Atlanta remains a seller’s market for now – meaning this is a great time to sell your home!
And honestly, it’s a good time to buy now as well. While the amount of choice you have may be limited depending on your area, there are many potential buyers who are nervous to home shop while the virus remains widespread and our economy is on edge. If your financial situation is secure, this could be a great time for you to buy.